There’s no limit to what you can do with WhatsApp. You are only limited by your imagination and creativity!
WhatsApp is the world’s most popular chat app, but it can be daunting if you’re new. We’re here to help get up-to-speed on how this amazing communication tool works so that all of its features becomes available for use in your day to day life or business needs.
WhatsApp, with its 2 billion worldwide users and $16 billion purchase by Facebook in 2014 is the most popular messaging app. If you’re not living in a country where it’s used heavily but are looking for an alternative to other pricey apps like Skype or FaceTime, which have more limited features than WhatsApp does then maybe this will be the place where you get to know what you are missing with what it best offers, No Cost, Totally Free.
If you’re new to the world of WhatsApp, this beginner’s guide will help get you started. You’ll learn how to set up your account and install it on both mobile devices and computers, as well as navigating through chats with friends or family in groups. Hopefully by following these steps, communicating over Whatsapp won’t be so overwhelming!
What is whatsapp?
WhatsApp launched in 2009 as a free chat app that was one of the first to take advantage of smartphones. It quickly became popular amongst many Europeans and Latin Americans, but it wasn’t until 2015 when WhatsApp finally rose past Facebook Messenger to become the most used communication application worldwide. Nowadays you can find this messaging service virtually anywhere.
WhatsApp is by far the most popular messaging app in the world. It’s free, it doesn’t have ads (except for those annoying friends who try to sell you stuff), and of course it has a huge pre-existing userbase because everyone already used Facebook Messenger or Skype before WhatsApp came around.
The end-to-end encryption means your messages are private and secure—but recent security policy changes mean that now some data can be shared with Facebook if they happen to need more information about users who might be violating their terms of service agreements.
With a range of features and options to choose from, WhatsApp has something for everyone. You can even make free video or voice calls – just be mindful that this will use up your data if you’re not connected to Wi-Fi.
How to install WhatsApp
Once installed, WhatsApp will work with any phone number you enter. It can be downloaded on iOS or Android devices and signups only require a phone number and mobile device to get started!
The first step in learning how to use WhatsApp is installing the app- all it takes is just 1 minute of your time. Signing up for an account also requires nothing more than entering a working cell phone number which works across both Apple’s iOS platform as well as Google’s OS system (Android).
- If you have an iPhone, open the App Store and search for “whatsapp” For Android users, download the app from Google Play.
- open the app and tap “Allow” to approve your requested permissions.
- Enter your phone number and touch the Confirm button.
- Use the verification code received via SMS to verify your account. (This may be done automatically by whatsapp.)
- You can easily import your contacts from the device you’re using. It’s very useful to have all of them in one place so that it is easy for you when contacting people.
Since you’re now on WhatsApp, why not chat with a few contacts? You can manually search for your friends or import an entire list of contacts.
How to use whatsapp in laptop?
We all know that WhatsApp is one of the best ways to stay in contact with our loved ones, but what if you didn’t have access to a smartphone? Thankfully there’s an alternative for those without smartphones! The web app lets us use it on any computer. What does this mean? It means we can text and video chat from anywhere as long as we’re connected online – no need for expensive data plans or cumbersome apps anymore! Why not try it out now by following these simple steps:
- First open your browser (Chrome, Safari etc)
- Open whatsapp web on your browser.
When you open your desired browser and go to the WhatsApp Web website, you can see that it features a QR code. You’ll need this later on in order to connect your phone with the Whatsapp web version of their app
3. Open whatsapp on your phone and click on the whatsapp web option
No matter what device you’re using, open the application then select Chats in order to find the three vertical dots Menu icon in the top right corner of your screen for Android phones; this may be called Settings gear icon instead for iOS devices.
Then for both Android and iOS devices: From the menu that pops up, select WhatsApp Web. Tap on the teal OK button that appears at the bottom of your screen to accept permissions questions you may be asked or follow instructions below if prompted with a QR code scanner prompt instead.
For Android phone users: Tap on Continue — you may need to answer other permission requests before granting access; it is now time for some final steps! Your device’s screen should look like an active camera ready scan codes around town in order to add more contacts from our list onto your account—just sing-in through by tapping Next!
4. Connect your phone to WhatsApp Web by scanning the QR code on your computer with your phone.
Now go back to your desktop or laptop and open up the website for WhatsApp Web. You might need to reload an existing QR code by clicking on it, and if you plan on using WhatsApp Web often with a particular computer then be sure that you tick the option Keep Me Signed In under My Account Settings .
5. Now start using WhatsApp on your laptop.
How to use WhatsApp on your computer?
With smartphones being so popular, there are times when we need to use WhatsApp on our computer. This is when the app’s web version comes in handy! However, you might be surprised that there’s another way of accessing it which is described below.
You don’t need to be on your laptop or desktop for all of the latest and greatest WhatsApp news, as you can download this popular messaging app directly onto your PC without having a browser. Just make sure that if you’re using Windows 8.1 (or higher) or Mac OSX 10.9 (or newer), then downloading the platform via Apple’s App Store is possible! Here are more details.
To install whatsapp on your PC:
- Open any of your favorite internet browser.
- Go to the URL — https://www.whatsapp.com/download
- Then click on download for Windows (64-Bit) option.
- After successful download open the whatsapp.exe file
- It start installing whatsapp on your PC
- Once the installing process completes there will be a QR code on the screen.
- Just open your mobile whatsapp application and select whatsapp web option from the three dot menu drop down.
- Just scan the QR code from your PC Screen and enjoy the WhatsApp on your computer.
How to use WhatsApp web?
whatsapp web can be used by different ways. You wan use it by using your phone browser as well as your laptop or PC. The process of using WhatsApp web is described above in detail.
How to use WhatsApp on laptop without phone?
There’s a way to use whatsapp on your computer without connecting to your mobile phone. You’ll need some Android software emulator like Bluestack in order to install and activate Whatsapp for your own use without active connection to your phone. so go ahead and download it now if not already done!
- After downloading and installing android emulator to your PC, open it and you need to activate your Google Play Store by signing into your account.
- Search Whatsapp in Playstore and click on the download button.
- After downloading whatsapp in emulator open it.
- For the authenticating purpose you need an active phone number where the one time password will be received.
- Once the authentication process succeed, you did not need active mobile phone for your whatsapp on your PC to run. It will run flawlessly without any active connection to your mobile even if the mobile phone is switched off.