If you are moving from an Android phone or tablet to a new Apple product such as an iMac Pro which is powered by macOS operating system then this should be very helpful for everyone who needs assistance with transferring data between devices seamlessly without any issues!
When switching phones, it’s important that we take our time and gather all of our information before making the switch so that nothing gets lost during transition like photographs, documents, videos etc… Fortunately, there are various ways through which one can make sure they do not miss out their valuable content when transferring.
WhatsApp makes it easy to transition from one device and operating system to another, but you have to make sure that your messages are transferred properly. WhatsApp doesn’t offer a way of transferring data between devices unless they both use the platform.
Transferring WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone can be a hassle, but we’ll show you an easy way.
How To Transfer Whatsapp Messages From Android To iPhone
Transfer Using Dr.Fone
- First of all, download the dr.fone software on your computer.
- Now its time to connect your android and iPhone to your computer.
- Open dr.fone tool and select “Restore social app”.
- There you have to Select ‘WhatsApp’ and click on ‘Transfer WhatsApp messages.
- The app will connect with both of your phones and show the two devices on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Transfer’ button which is located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- This will begin the transfer process, and it will allow you to see the transfer status on your computer.
- It will take some time depending on the data but once the transfer is complete, click on the ‘Ok’ button and you can disconnect your devices.
- The data is transferred and you can enjoy WhatsApp messaging in your iPhone using the data from your android.
Transfer Using Email
WhatsApp allows you to transfer chat history from Android phone to iPhone using email. However, this process is quite tedious as it can only be done one at a time due to size and number of WhatsApp messages.
Following is a detailed process of transferring WhatsApp messages from android to iPhone using email:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device and go to ‘Settings’.
- Open the chats tab if not opened automatically and then select ‘Chat history’.
- Click on the option of ‘Export Chat’ and from the list of contacts select the contact whose chat you want to transfer.
- You can also select whether you want to include the media in the backup or not.
- Select Gmail and enter the backup email address.
- Tap on the send button and the backup is sent to your email.
- Now you can restore it in your iPhone.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Data from iPhone to Android
If you’re an iPhone user and have decided to switch to Android, then your WhatsApp messages are probably top priority. You can’t transfer iOS data directly over from Apple’s native apps, but there are several other options available for help!
Here are some methods that you could easily implement to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android:
Transfer Whatsapp Messages From Iphone To Android Using Chat Backup
When you use WhatsApp, your chats are automatically saved to your phone. You can also back up them on Google Drive.
- First of all, open WhatsApp on iPhone and log into your account.
- Then simply navigate to “Settings” > “Chats” > “Chat Backup”.
- From there, select the “Back Up Now” button which starts backing up current WhatsApp Data.
- Now on the other side, download and install WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Simply sign in to your WhatsApp account. Here WhatsApp will ask you whether to restore data from backup for the first time.
- Choose on “Restore” if prompted to restore from WhatsApp iCloud and wait for its completion.
Although this is an easy method, it sometimes takes longer than expected to restore data. WhatsApp backups no longer count towards your Google Drive storage quota. If your WhatsApp backups haven’t been updated in over a year, Google Drive will automatically remove them.
Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android Using Email Chat
If you want to transfer your WhatsApp chat history from iPhone to Android phone, simply follow the steps below:
- First of all, go to your WhatsApp “Settings” in your iPhone, tap on “Chat Settings”, and then press “Email chat” from the list.
- Select the WhatsApp history that you would like to transfer. A window will pop up, depending on your choice of whether or not you want to attach media files.
- Type the email address and press “Send”.
- In order to access your old WhatsApp chats on a new Android phone, log in to your email account and open the message that includes all of those messages. You can only view the information from within the app if you have an iPhone because there is no way for it sync with any other applications yet.