WhatsApp has quickly become the most popular messenger across the globe and for good reason. Along with text messages, people are also using this platform to share media files, from images to audio clips and videos. However, when it comes time to send some larger-sized uploads like photos or videos files over 16 MB on WhatsApp there is an issue as they can’t be sent due its limitations on file size.
How To Send Large Files On WhatsApp?
You can learn here how you can send files larger than 16 MB on WhatsApp.
Send Using Google Drive
You can share large videos with your friends on WhatsApp using Google Drive. Just upload the video to google drive and send a link of it through Whatsapp!
- Open Google Drive on your phone here you will see ‘+’ icon on the home screen click on it.
- Tap on ‘Upload ‘option from there.
- Doing this, your file will start to be uploaded on Google Drive.
- After uploading completes, tap on the three-dot menu besides that file.
- Select the ‘Copy Link ‘option from there.
- After that open WhatsApp and open the chat of that person with whom you want to share the file. In the text field, paste the link and send.
By performing these steps, Google drive link will allow your contacts to see the file and even download it.
Send Using WeTransfer
With WeTransfer, you can share large files with anyone and it’s free up to 2GB. It also has a paid version by using which you can store up to 20gb of data.
WeTransfer is an easy-to-use tool designed to help people transfer larger files. It won’t cost much; the basic plan gives access up to 2 gigabytes (or about 1 hour of HD video) while the premium plan costs just under $13 per month if paid yearly!
By performing the following steps, you can share large files using WeTransfer to whatsapp.
- Simply go to the WeTransfer website.
- There you will see an “Add your files” option, Click on that option.
- Select the file you want to share and then click on the option of “Get a link”.
- You will see a link there just “copy that link” and share it on whatsapp to share it with your desired contact.
By clicking on the link, you shared on whatsapp your contact will move to the WeTransfer website and download the large file from there.
How To Send Pdf In Whatsapp
With the latest update, WhatsApp makes it easy to send a PDF file as an attachment from your Android Phone or iPhone. This is useful when you need to quickly share something with one of your contacts on WhatsApp.
Send PDF Files Using WhatsApp on Android Phone
First of all, make sure that you have the latest whatsapp in your phone. To get the latest version of WhatsApp, download it from Google Play Store. There are several features and updates available in this new update that you can test out before others do!
Then by following the steps below you can send PDF files using WhatsApp on your Android Phone or tablet.
- Open whatsapp in your phone by tapping on its icon.
- Open the chats area where all of your chats stay.
- Locate and open the chat of the contact you want to send the pdf file.
- On the type message area, you will see a pin icon, tap on it.
- There will open a menu list with different options.
- Select the document icon which will be the first option in the list.
- By taping on the document icon, your phone all type of documents will be shown.
- Select the pdf file you want to send and tap on it.
- You will see a popup confirmation message click on send.
- That’s it, your pdf file is sent!
How to Send PDF Files Using WhatsApp on iPhone
WhatsApp has been updated to include a new feature that will allow users to send PDF files, Word documents and other types of media. which is great news for people who need to share important information quickly. Since WhatsApp allows you to attach Photos, Videos, and Audio files as well.
This new update also added end to end encryption, this means that any type of file can now be sent with security through a simple smartphone app! In this article we’ve outlined the steps you need to take in order to send pdf files using whatsapp on your iPhone or iPad.
Send PDF Files Using WhatsApp on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp application on your iPhone or iPad just by a single tap on its icon.
- You will see the chats section on the front. If not, to get to WhatsApp Chats Screen on your iPhone, you can tap the Chat Button at the bottom of your screen.
- Open the conversation to whom you want to send the pdf file.
- Tap on the “up arrow” icon at the bottom left corner beside the write text area.
- There will be a list of options appear, from there select “share document”.
- You will see many options there to open the file from iCloud or from google drive or more.
- Select your pdf file. Here assume it is located in your iCloud.
- Tap on the iCloud option it will take you to your iCloud. Select the desired pdf file from there.
- it will show a popup confirmation message. Tap on send and the file will be sent to the desired contact.
How To Send Files On Whatsapp
In order to keep WhatsApp servers working in an optimum condition and clutter free, there is a limit to the size of files that can be sent2.
So, if you want to send large files through WhatsApp, here’s how:
WhatsApp offers a workaround for sending such big files. You can simply use any of the cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox that have their own sharing feature integrated with them and then share these links on your conversations in order to let anyone download those videos/documents from there directly without having to cross.
We have discussed it in detail above in the article “How to send long video files on whatsapp” by following those simple steps, you can send any file type with any size easily through whatsapp.