How To Send Your Location On Whatsapp
When you want to communicate with family and friends, WhatsApp is a great way for everyone in the group to be on the same page. WhatsApp is a great way to stay in touch and communicate with friends, family members who are spread throughout the world or even just all together.
While WhatsApp is a helpful app for sending messages or calling people, did you know that it can also be used to share your location? This feature comes in handy when traveling because friends and family members will have an idea of where you are at that time.
You can send your location with your friend or family by just following these simple steps.
How To Share Your Location on WhatsApp Using An iPhone
- Open WhatsApp in your phone by clicking its icon from the menu.
- Open the chats tab if it’s not open already.
- Tap the person you want to share your location with. You can also share location in WhatsApp groups.
- Tap on the plus sign that is present in the bottom-left corner.
- Tap on the “location” option.
- Just select whether you want to share your location always or “Only While Using the App.” I suggest the second one!
- Select “Send Your Current Location” or “Share Live Location.” These both are different options.
- If you choose to send your current location, it will just send a pin of where you are right now. The exact location at your present position.
- But if you select the option of, send live location then it will update the location as you move from place to place.
How To Share Your Location on WhatsApp Using Your Android
Everyone knows about the ability to send messages, and share media on WhatsApp. Did you know that with over 600 million monthly active users globally it’s easy to find anyone in your contacts list? You can also easily send a map view of your current location or any other file just like sending a picture or video!
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device from tapping on its icon in the menu.
- Open chats tab if not already opened.
- Open the chat of your desired contact you want to send location.
- Click on the paperclip option that is beside the write text field.
- Select the location option from these options.
- Give permission to use Gps if not already approved.
- There will be two options “share current location” or “share live location”
- As described earlier about these options,just like on iPhone, you can either select “Send Your Current Location” or “Share Live Location,” which will update your location as you move.
- Tap on “send” button to send your location.
How To Share Google Map Location On Whatsapp
There are many ways to share your location. Sharing it when meeting someone, letting parents or partners know where you are at all times, using a map app for directions and navigation purposes only (no tracking), and creating geofences within an area that will notify others if they go outside a certain boundary.
WhatsApp allows you to send your location via a preview in chat. You can also choose a map view by tapping on the message once it is received. To do this, follow these simple steps:
If you’re out to meet up with friends and want them to know where they should come or if mom wants an update of where you are, WhatsApp makes sharing locations easy for everyone across platforms. They allow cross-platform communication so BlackBerry users will be able find their iPhone friend’s location as well!
The feature sends previews which messages between two different devices but when tapped opens into full screen maps that show exactly where someone is located at any time—a bit more complicated than sending just text without being tied down too much like apps such as Google Maps
Share Google Map Location: Method 1
The process of sharing google map location to your WhatsApp is same as sending location in WhatsApp as described above because WhatsApp use google maps to send location to the contacts.
The location we receive on WhatsApp is actually a google map with the location mark of our friend or family at that time they send the location.
Share Google Map Location: Method 2
Now you can easily share your location with friends even if you’re in a park or out in the countryside. With Google Maps, sharing locations that aren’t marked on the map is possible too!
You don’t need any extra apps to create a shareable link when using location sharing in Google Maps. When you’re on mobile devices, the app will ask if you want to use Gmail or WhatsApp for sending links.
To get directions to a marked location, your recipient should open the link you send them. This will automatically show Google Maps on their own device and allow them to search for nearby points of interest or other locations they want to go with ease.
- You can tap any location on the Map app to place a pin. You should see an address or name at the bottom of your screen.
- A menu list will open with many options. “Select Share Place” option from there.
- Another option list will open, from there select WhatsApp.
- In WhatsApp select the recipient you want to share the location and press on send option to send the location.