Whatsapp is necessity of our times and one of its features, video calling, provides unlimited calls without displaying ads or charging a cent.
Can you record a WhatsApp video call on your phone? The answer is yes, according to Android Policy. However, if you try this out it may not go as planned because there are some issues that come with recording the videos.
The only way to record a WhatsApp video call is with the help of screen recorder app. Screen recording apps are available for free on Google Play Store and come preloaded in some phones manufactured by Samsung, LG, or Huawei.
Not everyone has a built-in screen recorder on their phone. Android smartphones that come with stock software do not have this feature, so you need to install an app like MNML or AZ Screen Recorder if you want it.
In most of the cases, the call will be recorded but the issue is that you will only be able to hear your voice and not the voice of the other person.
How To Record Whatsapp Video Call With Audio
To record WhatsApp calls on a phone running stock Android, you will need to install an app that records screen activity. We tested two apps – AZ Screen recorder and MNML Screen recorder. You can download either of these from the Google Play Store but they are not entirely free-to-use so make sure your device is compatible with them before proceeding further down this path! Below we outline how to set up MNML for recording:
- After installing MNML Screen recorder, click on the icon to open the app.
- Allow necessary permissions and start screen recording.
- Open WhatsApp and make a video call.
- The recording can be stop at anytime you want.
- To view the recorded file, open MNML again, and you will see the file listed. Tap on it to begin playback.
Before recording WhatsApp video calls with the screen recorder, ensure that both parties are heard. The Xiaomi device’s screen recorder can be accessed from a drop-down menu and this will enable you to record your call without having any issues in terms of sound quality.
- For quick menu swipe down.
- Long press Screen recorder to open the app (If you don’t see the app here, swipe right or left)
- Tap the icon on the top right corner to open the Settings page
- Head to the Sound option in settings and select Mic instead of System sounds.
- Make sure to swipe down to initiate the screen recorder, before you make the call,
- Open WhatsApp in your phone and make a casual video call.
- End the recording using the on-screen toggle at any point during the call (or after).
- After completion, your recorded video will be available in media gallery.
How To Make Video Call In WhatsApp Web In Laptop
WhatsApp is a messaging app that you can use to send messages with your phone. In fact, WhatsApp also has the feature of video calls which means it lets you do more than just message people on mobile devices or computers! If all this sounds interesting and helpful but you’re wondering how making aWhatsApp video call works in laptop – don’t worry because we’ve got some useful information below for those who want to make a video call using WhatsApp on their laptops.
Sadly, you can’t use WhatsApp on a desktop to make video calls directly. Luckily, there is another way! You can install an emulator that allows other apps from your phone onto the laptop/desktop via Bluetooth or Wifi connection and then you can use it for making video call on laptop.
In WhatsApp Web, you can do all the things that you would be able to in a mobile app. At first glance it seems as though there is no difference between using android or web versions of the application but there are some features which cannot be accessed because they need an actual smartphone with camera and microphone capabilities.
An emulator is a piece of tech that was first created to play retro video games on modern PCs. Nowadays, an emulator allows you to run WhatsApp like it were on your phone by connecting the missing encryptions between two technologies.
As a clever piece of tech, an emulator bridges the gap between old and new technologies. In the case of Bluestacks emulator, it allows you to run WhatsApp through your computer as if on android.
Here are the steps to make video calls on your laptop using emulator.
- Download an emulator. There are many good emulators available, but the one that’s considered industry’s favorite at this moment is Bluestacks.
- Select the Save option and download it, then run the application. It will take some time to install so be patient!
- Login using your Gmail on play store to download WhatsApp in the emulator.
- Search WhatsApp in the Play store or Apple store and download it.
- After downloading completes, open the app and login with the same account on your phone.
- After login completes, WhatsApp now allows you to see your contacts and add more people.
- To start a conversation via video, call on WhatsApp, you just have to choose your friend and tap the button of call at the top right corner. It’s as easy as using it on your phone for conversations!