With the increased use of social media, group chats are now a great way to stay in touch with people.
Wondering how to get into a WhatsApp group? Don’t worry — the process is simple! If the creator of your group uses an invite link sent via text message, it’s even easier.
How To Join a WhatsApp Group Using iPhone and Android?
Want to join a group chat on WhatsApp? Whether you have an Android or iPhone, the process is simple.
Group chats can seem overwhelming, but they’re actually pretty easy to join. To get started you’ll need a phone or tablet with WhatsApp installed and an internet connection. If the group creator already has your contact info on their device, then inviting them will automatically add you into that chat room – no further action required from either of you! However if they don’t, it’s easy and straightforward: just follow these steps!
- Download WhatsApp from the Google Play Store on Android or App store if you’re using iOS devices and create an account.
- Click the link in your invite text and WhatsApp will launch on your phone.
- In order to join a group, click on “Join Group.”
- And you are now a member of the WhatsApp group.
Join A Whatsapp Group Using QR Code
A QR code is a set of black and white squares that can be used to quickly access websites, social media accounts, or other online content. When people create groups for their class wiki, they have the option to use these codes as an alternative link instead.
Apple users can scan QR codes to join a group chat. If you have an Apple device and want to quickly join, use your phone’s camera and it will automatically link up with the other members!
To join a WhatsApp group on an Android device using a QR code, download a third-party QR code reader from the Google Play Store to join.
How To Add Someone In Whatsapp Group
WhatsApp groups can give you a sense of security and belonging, but they are also useful to stay on top of news or events. You may have one for work-related stuff, another with your family members or friends group. There’s no limit when it comes to WhatsApp group possibilities; people use them for work-related purposes, family issues/activities, or mixing up your friends in unique ways!
How do you add a person to WhatsApp? Whose opinion carries more weight when it comes to forming the group in the first place, and how does this all happen at all? This article will tell you everything about managing these groups.
WhatsApp groups are organized by the group administrator, who is responsible for approving new members. The person creates a WhatsApp group chat or becomes an admin after being promoted to do so from another existing member of that specific channel. If you want to add someone in a WhatsApp group chat, the Admin should be ok with it. You become an admin by either creating or being promoted as one from other admins who are already there.
If you want to create a new group and add members in it then I have a separate complete guide on it go chat that.
To add new members to an existing WhatsApp group do following steps:
- open the relevant group chat by going to the chats tab.
- click on More options, there will be three dots in top right corner if you are android user.
- From there tap Group info.
- From different options, select “Add participants”
- Then confirm your selection by clicking on persons names.
That’s all! now you can easily add members to your WhatsApp groups.
How To Block Whatsapp Group
To block a group on WhatsApp, it is necessary to resort to some tricks. An unwanted collective conversation can be silenced and blocked without leaving the chat by using notifications settings. A more discreet way of avoiding an unwanted situation would be blocking administrators so that you cannot get added again or restricted from getting into groups in general.
In the following tutorial, we’ll check out three ways to avoid WhatsApp groups on Android and iPhone (iOS) phones. These settings are general and work fine for both platforms.
Mute The Group
To silence any WhatsApp group, open the app and find the chat whose notifications you want to mute. Long-press on it and tap on the speaker icon with a line across it at its top right corner. You’ll know that your procedure was successful when you see this same symbol inside of that particular chat box in your list of chats displayed along with their names.
It is possible to mute WhatsApp’s notifications for an hour, eight hours or even a whole year. Before the update, you could only choose between muting your phone for one day and 365 days but now there are more options available in this menu to even mute it for forever.
Block Group Administrators
- Before leaving, open the group you want to block.
- Tap on its name at the top of your screen.
- This will allow you to access information in a list format.
- Then swipe down and go to participants and click the admin’s name.
- In the menu that appears, tap on “View [person’s name or number]”.
- Finally, go to the bottom of your screen and press “Block” and then press confirm.
- Repeat the steps for any other group administrators if there are more than one!
Now you have blocked the administrators of the group so they cannot add you in their groups anymore. Now you can leave the group without any fear of to be added again in that useless group.
Block Group By Leaving It
Do you find yourself on WhatsApp groups that are no longer of interest to you? Leaving such a group is easy, but what about those who don’t want to leave the group altogether without being bothered by notifications from it anymore. You can always mute instead!
How To Leave A WhatsApp Group On Android Phones?
Following are few steps to leave a WhatsApp group:
- Open the WhatsApp.
- Select the group by clicking on its name or search it by clicking on the magnifying glass.
- Open the group by clicking on its name.
- Open the WhatsApp group options menu by clicking on the 3 dots.
- From there Click Exit Group and confirm it.
How To Leave A WhatsApp Group On iOS
- Open the WhatsApp app
- Go to Chats from bottom menu ribbon
- Click on the name of the group you want to leave to open the chat
- from the top, click on the group name.
- Scroll down to leave group at the bottom past where the numbers of all the participants are.
- Tap on the Exit Group option and confirm your choice.
Finally, you have leaved the annoying group and blocked the admins so the group is totally blocked and no one can enter you again in this group without your will.