WhatsApp has been a popular messaging app for years now. But this year, they may have developed one of the most interesting features yet with their Status feature which lets users share photos and videos for 24 hours. It was no surprise when people and experts started calling it “a clone” to Snapchat Stories since WhatsApp is so similar in design to its competitor, but as more time goes on – people started taking great interest in it and now it is one of the best features of whatsapp.
WhatsApp Status updates are like flowers, once they’ve withered, there is no way to bring them back. Though WhatsApp doesn’t offer any official methods for saving these statuses. Some users take a screenshot of the image statuses but that only captures one moment in time so what about video? Even screenshots fail to keep up with the quality as it was on Whatsapp itself! So how can we save whatsApp status without compromising its quality or content? Lets find out!
How to Download Whatsapp Status Video
WhatsApp brings a lot of fun with group and individual chatting. One way to spice up your messages is by adding photos, or “status.” But what if you want to save these WhatsApp statuses? There are two ways: using an app dedicated for saving images and videos; the other option is following a manual process outlined below:
How to Save Whatsapp Status (Manually)
WhatsApp saves your status files locally in a temporary folder. These temporary files are deleted 24 hours after they’re uploaded and you can’t back them up. For safekeeping, you can follow the instructions below to move these pictures or videos to another safe folder so that they will remain there for your later use. Here’s how to save those files before it’s too late:
For saving status manually you need a file manager.
Note: You can find it by looking for apps named “File Manager” or “Files.” If there’s none on your Android device (like Nokia), use Solid Explorer or ES File Explorer.
- If you want to save a status, it is very simple. Just tap on the screen and open the status which you would like to keep. This does not make an actual copy of media file but rather creates a temporary backup for safety purposes only within phone storage space!
- Now, open up File Manager – Files, File Manager, Solid Explorer; etc.
- Turn on “show hidden files” so you can view all the files and folders. This can be done by opening the settings of your file manager and set it to show hidden files.
- Open the WhatsApp folder – Internal storage > WhatsApp > Media > .Statuses.
- Here you will find all the statuses you viewed so far within 24 hours. Copy the status you want to save.
- Paste those copied files into a different folder.
The copied photos or videos will live forever. The folder where they were copied is the key to accessing them later!
How to Download Whatsapp Status (Using App)
The most easiest way to save your best friend’s WhatsApp status is with a third-party app, so you don’t have to spend time sorting through the mess. The apps will automatically collect statuses you’ve seen, so they’re all in one place for easy viewing.
- Open the Play Store and install a new app called Status Saver. With this app, you can save any status on Whatsapp at any given moment so that those important moments are never forgotten!
- Allow the access media permission, the app will be able to access your photos, media and files. This is how it’ll read storage in order to collect WhatsApp Status for you!
- Open WhatsApp and view all the statuses which you want to save/download.
- Open to the app and select the pics or videos you want to save and click on the save icon to save them.
- Those saved images or videos will be stored in your phone memory.
That’s all! You have just saved your friend’s WhatsApp status/story and it will not vanish after 24 hours and will remain in your phone storage forever until you delete it from there.
You can save all your status updates to this app, and access them on the go. You can view all the saved statuses within the app but if you want to view them outside the app, just open File Manager and head over to Internal storage > Status Saver. And you can also view them in your gallery in status saver folder.