It is important to save your WhatsApp media. For those who are using the app, you might have many memories stored in it! You can store them on a secure location such as local storage or Google and I’ve got all of this covered with my guide below!
How to Save Photos from WhatsApp to Android’s Gallery?
Some people find it hard to browse, access the photos they have downloaded from WhatsApp. This is because all the media is saved on your device rather than stored in a folder like Android’s Gallery where you can easily get them by opening up “WhatsApp Images.” Here’s how to save and store your favourite pics anywhere!
- All you need to do is launch WhatsApp on your Android device and go to the conversation thread where your media is. Just tap on the download icon, and this picture will be saved onto your device for easy access anytime!
- You’ll find your downloaded photos in a folder called “WhatsApp Images.” Just open the Gallery app and look for it under “Gallery” or tap on folders to go “Other.” You can also access this file from WhatsApp if you want!
- You can easily copy and paste pictures from WhatsApp Images to any other folder on your phone.
Alternative Ways to Save WhatsApp Photos on Android
WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that lets you send messages, photos, videos and much more to your contacts. If saving space on your phone matters – then read this!
There are lots of ways for Android users to save WhatsApp attachments like images and video files but I’m going tell two simple solutions here so we can get started quickly with the first one:
1: Save WhatsApp Photos on Android with Gmail
All Android devices are linked to a Gmail account by default, so if you want it’s easy as pie! Just use Gmail account to save WhatsApp media as well!
The good news is that WhatsApp chats are stored in your phone’s backup, so you can easily restore them to the same or another device.
If you want to save WhatsApp photos on your Android phone via gmail, follow these steps:
- Just tap on your phone and open up WhatsApp. Now hit the hamburger icon to go into its settings!
- To activate this feature just tap on Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and select ” backup data on Google Drive” under chat settings where it’s linked with an active Gmail account.
- You can also choose when to backup your photos and videos with the auto backup feature. You have a choice of daily, weekly or monthly backups. The best part is you don’t even need to think about it because everything will be automatically backed up for you!
- When you want to get your WhatsApp content back, just reinstall the app and make sure it is connected to the same google account. Use an existing phone number when setting up with a new device and then tap on “restore” in order for all of your chats or media messages are returned!
2: Save WhatsApp Photos on PC
If you’re looking for a fast and easy way to save your WhatsApp data, MobileTrans is the perfect solution.
This user-friendly option supports every leading Android device out there so whatever media has ever been exchanged can be saved directly onto your computer in one click with ease. Following is a detailed description on how you can do that transfer easily:
- Open MobileTrans application and click on the WhatsApp Transfer button, make sure that you have connected your android device to the computer.
- click on “WhatsApp” from its sidebar menu. Then go to backup whatsapp messages option (which is right next).
- Once you click on “Backup”, the application will automatically initiate a backup process. Files such as WhatsApp photos (and others) will be saved to your system and it is imperative that the device stays connected while this happens so there won’t be any interruptions. It’s natural for backups to take some time so be patient.
- The backup process will notify you when it’s finished, and even allow you to see the backup data.
How to download whatsapp in laptop
I have already written briefly about how to download WhatsApp in laptop in which i have tried to give the simplest and easiest solutions and methods which can help you to run WhatsApp on your laptop with or without constant phone connection.
How to stop auto download in WhatsApp
You may or may not know that by default, WhatsApp will save all the media sent or received by you. This can take up a lot of space on your device and make it cluttered as well. But no problem, there are easy fixes for this! If you want to stop WhatsApp from automatically saving your photos, then simply change settings mentioned below:
- Open whatsapp and go to its Settings > Data and Storage Usage options. The WhatsApp Settings menu can be accessed quickly by tapping the three-dot icon at the top right of the screen.
- Under the Data and Storage Usage settings, select the Media auto-download, here you can change automatic downloads of media when your device is connected to WiFi or cellular data.
- Disable auto-download videos, photos, audio and documents by just tapping on the options of your choice to prevent it from downloading automatically.
There you go! Your auto download option is disabled and now you can enjoy some free space in your phone as well.