How To Connect Spotify To Alexa?
if you have bought Amazon Alexa, or Siri, you should use it to make your life more interesting and easier than before. You can setup your device by following these few simple steps. You can play any song according to your mood by connecting it to your Spotify account and then you can just play the music with your voice commands. It’s that simple!
Connect Spotify to Alexa via App
You only need two things to connect your Alexa to your Spotify account so you can enjoy music anytime. First you need to download the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet, and second thing is your spotify++ apk login info so you can connect both the apps.
- First thing first, download the Amazon Alexa app from Google Play if you are using android device or App store if you are using iPhone, then follow the prompts to set up.
- Once your Amazon Alexa device is set up, now it’s time to connect your Spotify account to it. Go to “Settings,” from there select “Music,” now click “Link Music Service,” and then select “Spotify” from the given multiple options to input your Spotify username and password.
- Now here is an important point, if you want to make Spotify the default music app for Alexa then Select “Default Services” to set Spotify as your default music service.
- Now all your songs will come from your Spotify.
- If you want to enjoy the music of a friend who is on holiday without getting into their personal library, just ask Alexa “Spotify Connect.” The device will search for other Spotify users in range that also have an account and connected on the same WIFI.
Now you are ready to play anything you want. Try asking Alexa to play the very best of your library, or help you discover something new, by saying:
“Play my Discover Weekly.”
“Play hip-hop music.”
Or something like that.
And you’re ready to start bellowing your commands. Just remember that when giving Alexa instructions, it’s important for her understanding of what she should do next by adding “…on Spotify.” So that she can understand that you want to play the song using Spotify.
Connect Spotify to Alexa Directly
Go to Spotify app and select the Alexa devices like Amazon Echo. You can find Now Playing on bottom screen, press “Devices Available” for options of all your connected Alexa’s! Just choose one you want from list to play your music on that.
How To Play Spotify Playlist on Alexa
Spotify has been at the top of many best streaming music services list for years because it offers a large library, allowing you to discover new artists and listen without interruption. As time moves on there are more ways in which people can enjoy their favorited tunes with features such as Amazon Alexa that enhance your listening experience even further! Because users are allowed to play music on Spotify with voice control on Alexa devices.
It’s easy to make your Spotify playlists and favourite songs available on Alexa with the help of our voice-enabled devices. Follow these steps for streaming audio directly from your Spotifyinside Amazon Music or Echo device.
- As you have downloaded the Alexa App and connected it to the Spotify account as well,
- Now, you can ask Alexa to play specific artists and songs on Spotify. You will only hear music from your default streaming service-Spotify!
- She also has the ability for volume control as well as skip forwards or backwards in a track using voice commands like “Alexa: Next Track.”
How To Disconnect Spotify From Alexa via App
If you’re using Spotify to play music on your Alexa, someday you might have to disconnect for reason like changing device, account or to upgrade device. Whatever the reason is,
Here’s the simple steps to disconnect your Spotify using the Alexa app for iPhone and Android devices, or through the Spotify website on your Mac or PC.
- First of all, open your Alexa Mobile App on your android or iPhone and then tap the “menu icon” which is located on the top left side which looks like three horizontal lines.
- Tap on “settings” from the appeared side menu.
- Then click on “Music and Podcasts.”
- This page will show you all the currently connected services to your Alexa and also let you link new services as well.
- Click on Spotify by finding it in the given list.
- Now on the Details Page of Spotify, click “Disable Skill” and then confirm your selection.
And now your Spotify is disconnected from your Alexa.
How to disconnect Spotify from Alexa using Browser
- First of all, open a web browser of your own choice in your Mac or PC.
- Open the Spotify website and login if not already and then select “Profile” option which is located in the upper right corner of the screen and from there click “Account.”
- From the left menu list, Click “Apps.”
- From the given list of apps, find Alexa which has access to your Spotify account information. Click on “Remove Access.” And afterwards, confirm your choice.
That’s all! Your account is disconnected from Alexa.